External App connection to a GnuCash file

Daniel Espinosa esodan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 15:40:17 EDT 2007

2007/8/28, Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org>:
> "Daniel Espinosa" <esodan at gmail.com> writes:
> > Why I have an error message for the file
> > /usr/local/include/gnucash/qofutil.h in the line:
> >
> > #   error "No scanf format string is known for LLD. Fix your
> > ../configure so that the correct one is detected!"
> >
> > The actual code in qofutil.h file is:
>
> Did you include a "config.h", which might define one of those
> HAVE_... values?  What/how are you building your sources?

I'm using Anjuta to create my test project. When I open config.h file,
I can see it is created by configure.in, as spected, then I need to
get this variable defined in configure.in.

I found a macro in /macros/legacy_macros.m4 witch test for sscanf to
support %lld (long long decimal integer) if so defines HAVE_SCANF_LLD.
I think this is supported in recent gcc versions, then I can safetly
define it in configure.in or remove this test in
/lib/libqof/qof/qofutil.h.

> > What are the steps to open a Session/Book in QOF?
>
> Take a look at some of the test files.  Try
> src/backend/file/test/test-load-xml2.c
>

> > I have the following code:
>
> I think that's roughly correct.
>

> > Are there any Tutorial to use GnuCash's QOF?
>
> Not as such.  There's plenty of documentation in the code, and there's
> bunches of GnuCash code that uses QOF, of course.

Well as result of this test program, I'll try to add the missing
functions for GncBook and some documentation trying to keep as simple
as possible the process to load a book and close it.

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los
cuates: LIBRE)