Portfolio performance report

Andrew Sackville-West ajswest at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 8 12:42:42 EST 2007

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 07:35:23PM -0300, Luiz wrote:
> Does anyone have the code for a performance portfolio report?

No report like that currently exists. The closest you could get would
be to build a "Custom Multi-Column Report" with two adv port reports
set to different dates. That would still make you do the math, though
it could probably be exported to html, imported to a spreadsheet and
manipulated further.

> I would like to have the an "Advanced Portfolio Report" that shows me
> the performance of my investments in a "from date to date" basis and not
>   only on a specific date like the original one.

At the moment, I'm working on improving the report to make it actually
work ;-). I have no plans at this time to implement new features that
go beyond the core function of the report and I suspect no one else is
willing at the moment. I do think it's a good idea though. And, of
course, patches are welcome.