question about ts:date element and timezone

Kevin HaleBoyes kcboyes at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 18:44:51 EST 2007

--- Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> > In linux I run the command:
> > $ date -R
> > Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:33:10 -0700
> >
> > and in windows I go to the "date and time properties" panel in
> > the time zone tab.  It shows GMT-07:00.
> >
> > So, what would cause this difference?
>
> Daylight Savings Time?

But we're not in Daylight Savings Time right now
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/mountain-time/
and if we were
I would have expected Windows to show GMT-06:00 instead of -7.
Maybe that's where I'm going wrong.  I just ran 'date -R' from
a cygwin prompt (just thought of that) and it shows -0700 like
it did from Linux.

I'm at a loss to explain it.  I don't even know where to look
in the code to see what it's doing.  If you could point me in
the right place maybe I'll see something.

Thanks,
K.