[patch] Update README files for Debian dependencies

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Mon Dec 31 12:50:32 EST 2007

On Mon, Dec 31, 2007 at 12:26:13PM +0100, Andreas Köhler wrote:
> Hi Jerry,
>
> Am Sonntag, den 30.12.2007, 14:10 -0500 schrieb Jerry Quinn:
> > As I was resolving the dependencies I needed to build gnucash out of
> > svn, I updated the README files somewhat to reflect the current status
> > quo on Debian testing.  I tried to capture what I needed both for the
> > automake run as well as configuring and building.  I also updated the
> > Debian package version lists in README.dependencies.  I checked the
> > versions against stable as well, so I think it's ok.
> >
> > Let me know if anything is amiss.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> I really wonder whether this type of information should only be held at
> the GnuCash wiki as it tends to become outdated pretty easily.

I second that. It should be stored there, but... can it be scraped
from there somehow to keep the README's up-to-date? I'm thinking of
the poor sap with 28k dialup trying to build it and not having easy
access to that list while building. (I know a lot of Debian users work
off the install CD's (there's like 20+ of them) and wanting to build
when *not* on line). It's a pretty small set of people, I'm sure, but
if it could be done with relative ease, why not?