configure error building 2.0 branch on SuSe 10.2

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Feb 6 15:31:22 EST 2007

Am Dienstag, 6. Februar 2007 09:37 schrieb vr.sundar:
> While running the following configure command on 2.0 branch (svn
> revision 15512)
> I get this error:
>
> checking if guile needs our copy of (guile www)... ./configure: line
> 27696: syntax error near unexpected token `gnc_have_guile_www,'
> ./configure: line 27696: `GUILE_MODULE_AVAILABLE(gnc_have_guile_www,(www
> main))'
>
> Based on that email thread, I checked /usr/share/aclocal/guile.m4. The
> file exists and seems to define GUILE_MODULE_AVAILABLE. I have both
> guile and guile-devel version 1.8.1-24 installed.

I run all SVN branches on opensuse10.2, and everything I needed to do in
addition to choose the "Gnome development" pre-selection in fact was to
select the package "guile-devel".

> ./autogen.sh did not complain

Unfortunately autogen.sh and aclocal doesn't give any diagnostic output when
such autoconf macros haven't been found. So this doesn't mean anything. Just
try running ./autogen.sh several times, until  the file aclocal.m4 in fact
contains this macro:

  grep GUILE_MODULE_AVAILABLE aclocal.m4

should give you some matching lines.

> And that thread also mentions gtkhtml3. I didn't find gtkhtml3
> (atleast on the repos I have set up) but found gtkhtml2 version
> 3.12.2-4.  That, along with its devel package are both installed.

As noted in our own collection of dependency versions,
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/README.dependencies#L262
on opensuse this package is called "gtkhtml2". So you chose the correct
package.

Christian