configure error building 2.0 branch on SuSe 10.2

vr.sundar vr.sundar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 03:32:22 EST 2007

Christian,

On 2/6/07, Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 6. Februar 2007 09:37 schrieb vr.sundar:
> > ./autogen.sh did not complain
>
> Unfortunately autogen.sh and aclocal doesn't give any diagnostic output when
> such autoconf macros haven't been found. So this doesn't mean anything. Just
> try running ./autogen.sh several times, until  the file aclocal.m4 in fact
> contains this macro:
>
>   grep GUILE_MODULE_AVAILABLE aclocal.m4
>
> should give you some matching lines.

Thanks for the response. Running ./autogen.sh the second time fixed
the problem. But GUILE_MODULE_AVAILABLE was already defined in
guile.m4 ( I presume AC_DEFUN is for that). I checked this before
sending my prev email (I mentioned it there too). It doesn't look like
that file was touched the second time around b'cos the time stamp
shown by ls -al is still in Nov 2006. So I'm not clear as to what
changed but configure ran successfully this time.

> > And that thread also mentions gtkhtml3. I didn't find gtkhtml3
> > (atleast on the repos I have set up) but found gtkhtml2 version
> > 3.12.2-4.  That, along with its devel package are both installed.
>
> As noted in our own collection of dependency versions,
> http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/README.dependencies#L262
> on opensuse this package is called "gtkhtml2". So you chose the correct
> package.

Yes, I noticed that in one search. I wasn't sure of the difference
between the trunk and the 2.0 branch and whether the dependencies are
different.

Sundar