Failure in configuration for a Mac

Jim-Moore jim-moore at comcast.net
Wed Feb 7 04:50:43 EST 2007

I receive an error message in running the configuration program.
It states

checking for pkg-config... no
checking for pkgconfig... no
configure: error: Could not find the pkg-config (or pkgconfig) program.

In examining the files on my one disk system, I don't find a file
named pkg-config or pkgconfig, although I do see a directory named
pkgconfig under /usr/lib/

I'm running Mac OS X ver. 10.4.8 on an 800 MHz PowerPC G4 with 768 MB
of mem.

I have attached the log file, in case that is any help, and will be
willing to send any futher information, or test any options you may
suggest.

Thanks

Jim

Jim-Moore at comcast.net