AUDIT: r15548 - gnucash/trunk/src/import-export/hbci - Really clean up enter/leave pairs. Avoid duplicated sanity checks.

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Feb 11 09:11:13 EST 2007

Am Samstag, 10. Februar 2007 15:53 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> >> Modified:
> >>    gnucash/trunk/src/import-export/hbci/gnc-plugin-hbci.c
> >> Log:
> >> Really clean up enter/leave pairs. Avoid duplicated sanity checks.
> >> BP
> >
> > Back-porting the latest changes in gnc-plugin-hbci.c in order to fix
> > bug#405851 now involves backporting these revisions in
> > src/import-export/hbci/gnc-plugin-hbci.c: r15531, r15539, r15542, r15548.
> > Thanks for auditing these.
>
> Is this really a bugfix that needs to be backported?  The only misbehavior
> it seems to fix right now is debugging levels.   Not that I strenuously
> object to backporting this, but I'm confused as to your reason for wanting
> this backported.  Could you enlighten me, please?

The bugfix is what has been added in r15531 - a strcmp() on potentially NULL
that shows up in the crash in bug#405851. In r15531, this is avoided by
checking and returning prematurely if there is NULL instead of an object, and
additionally by using safe_strcmp.

However, in one of my builds I got compile errors on unknown
g_return_val_if_fail(); therefore I think it would be better to write this
explicitly as if (!condition) {return NULL;} which is what I've added in
r15548 by now.

Christian