AUDIT: r15548 - gnucash/trunk/src/import-export/hbci - Really clean up enter/leave pairs. Avoid duplicated sanity checks.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 19 21:36:02 EST 2007

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:

> The bugfix is what has been added in r15531 - a strcmp() on potentially NULL
> that shows up in the crash in bug#405851. In r15531, this is avoided by
> checking and returning prematurely if there is NULL instead of an object, and
> additionally by using safe_strcmp.
>
> However, in one of my builds I got compile errors on unknown
> g_return_val_if_fail(); therefore I think it would be better to write this
> explicitly as if (!condition) {return NULL;} which is what I've added in
> r15548 by now.

Well, backporting 15539 is proving to be really painful.  I've just
spent the better part of the last hour attempting to backport and
there are LOTS of conflicts.  As a result of this difficulty I'm going
to politely refuse to backport these three changesets (15339, 15542,
15548) as-is.

If you want to get this merged into 2.0 I recommend you create a
"bugfix branch" off of the 2.0 branch where you can backport the
changes without fear of destroying 2.0, and then we can audit and
merge the 'pre-merged' changeset.  I'm just afraid that merging
directly into 2.0 from here requires too much hand-patching and
something might go wrong.

Thanks,