win32: g_get_home_dir gives different directory in msys vs. non-msys

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Mon Feb 12 10:36:12 EST 2007

Hi,

On Monday 12 February 2007 14:17, Christian Stimming wrote:
[...]
> "USERPROFILE" is set, e.g. to "c:\Documents\Yourusername". But if this
> function is called from within msys, then msys itself has set "HOME" to
> a different value, e.g. to "c:\msys\1.0\home\yourusername". In effect,
> your program will see a different home directory when run from within
> the msys command prompt compared to without msys.
[...]

I don't think that too many Windows users will start GnuCash (or any other
application for that matter) from within mingw.
The goal is to run GnuCash on a normal Windows system (without mingw) anyway.

I guess most Windows users don't even know what to do with the normal command
line shell let alone using the shell of mingw.

So I think this behaviour of the function is tolerable.

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/