qif import confusion, 2.0.4

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Mon Feb 12 12:48:45 EST 2007

Backround
 I've been trying to import a very large, handbuilt qif (I've been using
DOS quicken for 10+ years, the last 5 in a dosemu box), and had some
gliches.  So I pulled down the source and got 2.0.4 compiled on my
Fedora Core 4 machine, replacing 1.8.  No sense bothering the developers
over something already fixed.

Problem
  After importing my test.qif file (1/5 of the whole), the final "accept"
option left me with a blank accounts screen.  I assumed that I must have
done something wrong --- 1.8 showed an account tree at this stage.  I then
got the same behaviour with one of the test files in doc/examples.
  Then I accidentally discovered that the file acutually DID import, but you
have to use the "new account tree" menu item to force a refresh.

Request
  The qif importer should update the account tree display when finished.
Others will think, as I did, that the import failed.

	Thank you for your efforts,
		Terry Therneau