Developing the documentation

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Feb 14 09:55:32 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 12:19 +0000, Leom Burke wrote:
> I am planning on working on the documentation to improve it for other
> new users.  I have the SVN trunk for the docs but the XML does not seem
> to be standardised - no tabs and the tags dont line up in any editor.
> I would like to tweak the code slightly to improve the readability for
> new contributors by tabbing the tags properly...etc.  As this is a

The tags all line up fine.  What editor are you using?  What file are
you looking at?

(FWIW, I don't consider the use of the 'tab' character to be proper at
all.)

> rather large task i am asking if anyone minds me doing it first :).  I
> would then start a page-by-page analysis of the documentation as it
> appears to be something that gets overlooked by the developers (i didn't
> mean to offend anyone then) and needs someone to take stock and ensure
> that it is fully up to date and flows correctly.

No offense taken; we're all volunteers and we all contribute as much,
and in the ways, we can ... and contributions are welcome! :)   Like all
writing -- code and docs -- more time spent simplifying usually improves
clarity, and is time well spent.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}