GNUCash Backtrace from FreeBSD 6.2 Release...

Dennis C. dcswest at gmx.net
Thu Feb 15 12:03:58 EST 2007

What I meant is that I'm glad to have found a way to keep GNUCash going with my limited experience in this Unix environment instead of having to go back to something like Quicken in an MS Windows environment!  Would love to help test code while I'm at it, but the installation instructions just seem to complicated for me still!  I did see the FAQ about it starting too slowly but this is something else that I'm hoping will be resolved soon within the FreeBSD ports system which I would maybe volunteer to help maintain, but if only I knew how!

Anyway, I was hesitant to mention bugs since the FreeBSD port system isn't yet up to date with that latest GNUCash but I was mostly thinking about what you further described about the register and also the first account not defaulting to the anchoring one in the "transaction journal" style unless we explicitly change the date each time!  Then there's also that "currency account type" that remains as an option, even though they told me through Bugzilla that it's going away when I complained of rounding errors there!

Thanks though, for all your help thus far!!!

-------- Original-Nachricht --------