Current data file incompatibility of branch-2.0 vs. SVN-trunk

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Feb 18 18:26:51 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 09:24 -0500, Josh Sled wrote:
> A gconf key seems like a simple way to specify this.  Probably something
> generic like "apps/gnucash/development/data-file-compatability
> (boolean)"?  I'm already modifying the SX XML code, so I'll add it in in
> a soon commit.

After some hiccups this evening (details in the irc logs), there's now a
new /apps/gnucash/dev/allow_file_incompatibility gconf key.   This
controls writing both the sx:enabled option as well as the "version 2"
SXes with a recurrence list.

As I found out, in order to enable this option, you'll want to run
${top_srcdir}/bin/update-gnucash-gconf, and/or add and
appropriately-modified line like:

    xml:readonly:/opt/gnc/unstable/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults

to your ~/.gconf.path (thanks andi5! :).

(On a related note, the SXes are now using Recurrences instead of
FreqSpecs for most of their periodic goodness, including new support for
the "last weekday of month" frequency, and a much-simplified
GncFrequency widget. :)

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}