Google Summer of Code 2007?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Feb 21 12:31:38 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 10:20 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> to oversee the google aspect but we would need to have the other
> developers willing to mentor the students and help them along.

I'd be happy to mentor.

> We'd also need a list of potential projects..

The ones you suggest at <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/SoC2007> are good.

I hate pre-announcing stuff (especially that I'm not working on at the
moment), but I'm hoping to have at least a branched version of a new
reporting framework in place by summer (before, actually).  I'd like it
to exist along-side the existing reports at first for a couple of
reasons... in any case, converting reports into the new framework would
be a nice, bounded, project.

Others that come to mind just perusing RFEs:

- CSV/general-delimited-file importer
- bulk/multi-transaction operations
- scheduled invoices
- basic inventory module
- business object list views (rather than searches)
- accessibility review
- gnome-vfs support
- move app logic out of ui-handling code</handwave>

Also, <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/WishList>.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}