gtkhtml3 - gnomeprint vs. GtkPrint

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue Feb 27 13:06:09 EST 2007

David Hampton (gnucash at love2code.net) said:
> > 3) Even if gnucash is fixed to work with a GtkPrint gtkhtml... goffice
> >    still uses gnomeprint in all released upstream versions.
>
> This is where I see problems.  Gnucash embeds goffice pie charts and bar
> charts into gtkhtml reports.  Not a problem today as both use
> GnomePrint.  I'm not sure how we could do this if gtkhtml used GtkPrint
> and goffice used GnomePrint.

Looking at the goffice gnomeprint code, it may actually be simpler than
the gtkhtml code to port - it doesn't actually deal with *printing*, per
se, just rendering to a context. Adding an additional
gog_graph_print_to_gtk_print that just changes the calls to cairo
calls for use with GtkPrint is probably fairly doable, although I
don't know when upstream might get around to it. (This also brings
in that gnucash's internal copy of goffice would need upgraded to
whatever version that would end up being.)

In any case, I opened up a enhancement request against goffice for it.

Bill