Windows Compilation Error: gconftool-2

Tom Purl tom at tompurl.com
Tue Jan 9 11:11:50 EST 2007

All right andi5, I tried your suggestion and got the same results.  I
did find something interesting, thought.

I tried installing one of the binary packages, and it installed
successfully.  However, when I try to start the app, a DOS windows opens
with the following text:

    This is a development version. It may or may not work.
    Report bugs and other problems to gnucash-devel at gnucash.org.
    You can also lookup and file bug reports at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
    The last stable version was GnuCash 2.0.3
    The next stable version will be GnuCash 2.2

This windows hangs for as long as I leave it.  I checked the processes
that were spawned by the gnucash-bin.exe process in Process Explorer,
and I see that the gconfd-2.exe process is there.  The following command
was used to execute it:

    "C:/Program Files/gnucash/libexec\gconfd-2.exe" 4

Ok, so my trouble seems to be with the gconfd-2.exe binary, whether it's
under the "C:\Program Files\gnucash\libexec" dir or the
"/c/soft/gnome/libexec/gconfd-2.exe".  It just hangs every time its
executed.

So my next question is, does anyone know what do I do next to
troubleshoot this issue?  I've tried poking around the process using
Process Explorer (from Sysinternals), but I didn't see anything that
really stood out.  What can I try?

Thanks again to everyone for their help!

Tom Purl