[Fwd: win32: gnome-vfs and openssl]

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Jan 18 05:44:09 EST 2007

Andreas,

seem like the win32 install script should have installed a 0.9.7 version
of openssl to start with (see Tor's message below), as the current 0.9.8
version obviously is incompatible with the gnome-vfs binary that was
built against openssl-0.9.7.

We need to make a choice regarding openssl now. First concerning gnome-vfs:

* Either we switch install.sh to use gnome-vfs without openssl
* or we are forced to install openssl-0.9.7 (available at gnuwin32)

I think I'd prefer to use gnome-vfs without openssl, especially since
Tor said he has never tested the ssl parts of gnome-vfs on win32 anyway.

Second, concerning openssl as a build requirement of gwenhyfar:

* Either we build gwenhywfar with openssl-0.9.8
* or with openssl-0.9.7 (i.e. uninstall openssl-0.9.8 and use 0.9.7 instead)

I'm fine with either one. The 0.9.7 version of gnuwin is a bit easier to
handle since it contains pkgconfig and libtool files, but we can
continue to use the 0.9.8 version just as well. Any opinion?

Christian

- -------- Original-Nachricht --------