libofx and win32

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 26 17:05:57 EST 2007

Quoting Dave Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net>:

> >As a next
> > step, someone (hint, hint) needs to check whether the opensp-win32
> > binary package is enough to build libofx on win32.
>
> Not unless there's a way to extract the headers from the binaries...

Well, the "binary package" just means "compiled".   If it's a development
package then it should have the headers, too.  Did you look and try before
going on compiling it on your own?

> Being foolish, I decided to try compiling the tarball in msys --
> straight command line approach, since I don't understand the details of
> the install.sh syntax. OpenSP 1.5.2 will configure, but not compile:

Eh?  install.sh is just a SHell script!

[snip]
> At least one other dependency that will be required is libxml++1. I

EH?  Who depends on libxml-1?  I wouldn't expect that to build on windows,
but are you sure you need it?