Compiling/linking

Andrew Wood andrew at gn.apc.org
Wed Jan 31 12:26:04 EST 2007

Hi,

This is going to sound like a very dumb question, so forgive me if it
seems obvious but it isn't particularly transparent.

Say I've built GNUCash and installed it with 'make install'. I then
change some of the code in io-gncxml-v2.c .I then run make. This will
recompile that file, and I presume the object file will be linked with
other appropriate object files. Try as I might I can't see which other
object files this is linked with and, more importantly, what the library
or executable is called that is produced by the link process. What I
want to do is, to replace the older version of the io-gncxml-v2.c code
with my amended code (this is a patch isn't it?).

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks,

Andrew Wood, Oxford.