development version suitable for user testing?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Jul 4 11:33:31 EDT 2007

Gernot Hassenpflug <gernot at coda.ocn.ne.jp> writes:
> I'd be happy to test the development version of GnuCash for debugging
> purposes, but am hesitant to do so (there is no debian or ubuntu
> package to make it easy) as I am not certain that it is intended for
> users to test it. From the documentation on the GnuCash website I see
> only some features and bug fixes, not really a summary of what is the
> difference between the unstable and stable release. Do the developers
> recommend ordinary users to try it out?

Yes.  2.1.5 is release candidate 2 ... 2.2.0 is imminent.  Please try it out,
if possible.

I'm not sure what you're expecting, but as to the differences between the
stable (2.0.x) and unstable (2.1.x -> 2.2) releases, I direct your attention
to the " What's New in GnuCash 2.1.5?" section of the announcement at
<http://www.gnucash.org/#070702-2-1-5.news>.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}