Comment on interface

Andrew Sackville-West ajswest at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 5 12:10:16 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 10:56:06PM -0700, JT Justman wrote:
> Vahur Lokk wrote:
> > Hi all!

[...]

> > In a small business like mine amount of customers is not really very
> > big. I've got maybe 2-3 big ones plus bunch of smaller clients. The same
> > with vendors - I get bills from ISP, phone company, mobile company, car
> > lease and thats it. In order to pick a vendor from my huge 4-vendor list
> > I have to use search.

[...]

> I'm in the same boat - always creating invoices for the same 3-4
> clients. It takes me about 10 clicks to get to the point where I can
> perform my most-used task - add a line item to an un-posted invoice.
> Sometimes I can leave some windows open, which helps, but not to the
> point that it doesn't bug me.

the best window to leave open for this purpose is the "Aging"
reports. These give you links to the specific vendor/customer reports
and then you may click on the individual invoice to edit it *or* if
you need a new invoice, click on any one invoice, then hit Alt-f n i
to get a new invoice in two clicks and three keystrokes.

hth