Compiling Gnucash 2.2.0 on Solaris 10 x86 using GCC - error

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 27 18:13:34 EDT 2007

Alan Pae <alanpae at ilkda.com> writes:

> Derek Atkins wrote:

>>> to ../../src/core-utils/.libs/libgnc-core-utils.so: attempted multiple
>>> inclusion of file

>>> Getting close to a binary?
>>
>> Closer.   What version of guile do you have?   It looks like we
>> might need to link against GUILE_LIBS in report-gnome.
>
> Guile is 1.6.8.  Compile errors prevent me from jumping up to 1.8.x.

Guile 1.6.8 should work just fine..

> Tell me what to change and let's finish this up.

Well, that's a good question.  Do you maybe have multiple versions
of guile lying around?  Maybe configure found one version but
the compiler sees the headers for a different version?

I don't see what else could be going on; GUILE_LIBS is listed on
the gnucash_bin_LDADD line.   Maybe I need more context from your
error message; perhaps the actual linker line that's failing?