GnuCash Testplan First Draft

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Jun 13 17:26:48 EDT 2007

ahmad sayed <ahmadsayed83 at yahoo.com> writes:

>>> You might want to ensure these are in the correct order so that you're always
>>> creating the entity that's required for a subsequent stage.  For instance,
>>> you may need an Employee before you can start a Job.  I'm not quite sure what
>>> that ordering is.
>
> In similar situations to ensure that order for the cases we need to find
> xxxx test cases we are going to have in the test case setup a data file we
> are not going to start every thing from the beging

I'm parsing this as: "In similar [...] data file. We are not [...] the
beginning."

Just to be clear, do you intend for part of the test to look like:

1/ the test case simply loads a data file:

    start_gnucash(test_data_file_name);
    act(...);
    assert(...);

2/ the test case builds the file at runtime:

    start_gnucash_nofile();
    setup_accounts();
    setup_prices();
    setup_transactions();
    # ...
    act();
    assert();

>>> This is a really good idea, but it's going to be a function of our ability to
>>> test the register, I fear. :/
> Sorry Josh, i didn't got this.

Sorry about that...  I mean: if we're unable to use dogtail to test the
register, we're not going to be able to run through most of the tutorial
examples.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}