What about release plans for 2.2.0?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Jun 16 04:06:48 EDT 2007

Am Samstag, 16. Juni 2007 09:07 schrieb Nathan Buchanan:
> > > What do we do with our release plans for a 2.2.0 release? We planned
> > > that release for the upcoming weekend [1], but currently the
> > > development has slowed significantly. Even more importantly, the PR
> > > Planning [2] has made almost zero progress, but we would need at least
> > > a week of work there before we have enough PR material for the Windows
> > > release.
> I'll try to get working on the PR stuff a bit. These past few weeks have
> been a bit hectic for me.

Ok. Same for me. I'll try to add more material as well (also in German).

> I think that delaying this release is the worse option. We are already
> getting a lot of interest in the dev releases (see below) - If we wait too
> much longer I think the 2.1.x series will start to be used as a stable
> version by the windows community, regardless.
> I think we should take the few weeks to get 2.2.0 ready and released. As
> you mention, it has been a while since the last stable release.

That's what I think as well. So let's go for it.

> > I'd recommend advertising the release candidate Windows version to
> > the current user base and asking people who know how GnuCash is supposed
> > to work to try it under windows.  Do this before having a major PR
> > campaign to the news sources for the actual stable release.
>  I like this idea - Could we indicate that 2.1.4 is intended to be a
> "release candidate"? If that doesn't draw in more testers, I don't know
> what will.

Yes, I think that's reasonable. IMHO the current SVN status is ready to be 
announced as "release candidate". So let's release 2.1.4 this weekend and 
call it our "release candidate 1".


More information about the gnucash-devel mailing list