Generic importer:QIF

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Jun 22 03:50:58 EDT 2007

Quoting Chintan Agarwal <chintan.agarwal at gmail.com>:

> Can the code in /src/import-export/import-backend.c and other files in the
> same folder be used for mapping a parsed qif file? As far as I understand,
> this is the generic framework that we want to use for all imports. Is my
> understanding right?

Yes, this is completely right.

Also not that there are still a few bugs in the "generic importer"
(import-backend.c code)
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2007-June/020669.html
, but I'm quite confident those will get fixed over the next months.
For you this means you don't have to care about bugs that are in the
generic importer for now, only about bugs in your own code :-)

Christian