Release date 2.2.0?

Nathan Buchanan nbinont at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 10:33:55 EDT 2007

On 6/26/07, Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> wrote:

> Quoting Chris Lyttle <chris at wilddev.net>:
> > I also would prefer to release on thursday or friday due to my wanting
> > to go away next weekend.
>
> As we've agreed on another 2.1.5 this weekend, what would be your
> preferred release date? Friday would be fine as well. Could you modify
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Release_Schedule accordingly and also
> note the approximate time of day of when you intend to do the release
> (just so that andi5 knows whether you'll release in the afternoon or
> night)?
>
> > To me pushing out the stable release is
> > preferable too as there is a lot more work creating announcements. I
> > dont like the idea of doing announcements mid-week as this is quite
> > difficult to me due to my work schedule. I would far prefer to create
> > the stable release tarball on the thursday before the sunday release to
> > give Nathan time to roll the Windows version.
>
> @Nathan: How should the timing be done so that you have a windows
> binary ready by a Sunday or Saturday?

I can have the binary ready within about 24-48 hours after the source
packages are ready (assuming some of this time is on a weekend ;) ). So, if
we have the source packages ready on Friday, I can have the binary out on
Saturday. If the source packages are ready on Saturday, the binary won't be
ready until Sunday.

Chris, as for the announcement timing, I had indicated Tuesday only because
I wanted to make sure I could have the binary ready by that time. If the
source release is available, as above, I have no problem moving up the
announcement.

Nathan

@all: feel free to modify or extend the proposals on