indent

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Mar 10 08:57:50 EST 2007

Am Freitag, 9. März 2007 05:46 schrieb David Hampton:
> There's been some discussion on IRC about using the indent program to
> reformat the sources into something consistent from file to file.
>
> Of the above list of options, the ones I feel strongly about are lining
> up continued lines at parentheses (-lp), the space-after-keyword group
> (saf, -sai, -saw), and the cuddling-of-braces group (-br, -ce, -cdw).  I
> feel most strongly about this last group.

Sounds fine with me.

(If I speak for myself, I rather prefer -bl -bli0 i.e. the braces after if on
a new line, but I know this style is used only by a minority and in this case
I think the benefit of a uniform style outweighs by far the discomfort of not
seeing my individual preferences applied.)

So: When will the One Great Indentation Commit happen in SVN, who will do it,
and how do we enforce this style for future commits?

Regards,

Christian