[Inquiry]GNUCash SoC - Implementing Undo

Ariel asgnucash at dsgml.com
Tue Mar 20 08:18:42 EDT 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, akintayo holder wrote:

> I would like to restrict the scope of the undo to single-user use cases.
> Is this a reasonable project ?

It seems to me that an undo in a multi-user environment should be exactly
equal to the user deleting (or changing, etc) the transaction manually
back to what it was.

Meaning the log file would first show a 'do' transaction and later would
show an 'undo' transaction, rather then the transaction not showing up in
the log at all.

It's not exactly how undo on an editor works, but I think it's the right
thing for gnucash. One consequence is that if you do something and then
undo it, gnucash will ask you to save the file, while in an editor it
wouldn't.

 	-Ariel