[Inquiry]GNUCash SoC - Implementing Undo

Nathan Buchanan nbinont at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 00:28:13 EDT 2007

On 3/20/07, Ariel <asgnucash at dsgml.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, akintayo holder wrote:
>
> > I would like to restrict the scope of the undo to single-user use cases.
> > Is this a reasonable project ?
>
> It seems to me that an undo in a multi-user environment should be exactly
> equal to the user deleting (or changing, etc) the transaction manually
> back to what it was.

You would also have to consider the case where the transaction has been
changed by another user after you made your change. It may be a good idea to
make sure that the transaction you are reverting has not been changed, and,
if it has, prevent the user from undoing their changes (and removing someone
else's changes at the same time).

Nathan