[Inquiry]GNUCash SoC - Implementing Undo

akintayo holder blakdogg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 01:44:24 EDT 2007

Hi,
Its seems that with respect to multi-user transactions and Undo, the first
step would be to enforce this rule; A transaction cannot be Undone if the
state of the record does not match the state after the original transaction
had completed. For example, you can only Undo an account creation if the
account was still empty.

I would implement the update history as an account associated data structure
which is stored in memory. A local history would allow undos to be performed
by simply traversing the account's list and picking the next change. Anyway,
this approach would mean that updates from other users are not aggregated in
one list.

Thanks for the comments.

Akintayo