I'm beginning to really dislike gnomeprint...

David Hampton gnucash at love2code.net
Sat Mar 24 21:19:25 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 20:49 -0400, David Reiser wrote:
> r15752 is a wonderful step -- adding a preference for the check
> printing font.
>
> In the gnomeprint realm, however, the font name is never recognized.
> Regardless of what font is selected in the preference pane, checks
> are printed with a Sans font.
>
> The font size, is recognized and used correctly.
>
> This probably isn't worth spending a lot of time on, but it is a bit
> weird.

Agreed.  I spent some time trying to figure this out, going as far as
embedding both a GtkFontButton and a GnomeFontPicker into the
preferences window and comparing their outputs to see if Gtk and Gnome
use different names for fonts.  They don't.  The output of the two
selectors was identical.  After that, I decided that since I was feeding
valid font names to Gnome, and that the size portion was recognized,
that the problem was somewhere in the gnome code.  [Someone prove me
wrong. Please. :-) ]   One I got to that point I felt like I was
spinning my wheels, especially since the size is recognized and that was
the main reason for making the font user selectable in the first place,
so I decided to stop pursuing the problem.

David