[Inquiry]GNUCash SoC - Implementing Undo

akintayo holder blakdogg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 22:09:15 EDT 2007

Yes, that first one is a problem and one that I have not personally
experienced - so I am guessing a bit. But if you create the entry in one
view then commit [guessing about this part] and move it to another view.
Then I would place the Undo entry in the first view's list, as you haven't
updated it from the new view as yet.  So if you were to then Undo the
transaction would return to the context in which it was being edited. But
all the changes would've been undone, and it would be as it were before you
started the updating.

I think displaying the operation being Undone is fine, but I am not fond of
multiple Undo menu options.

Undoing import was one of the first things Derek mentioned, I think the
problems are ensuring atomicity and multiuser access. I don't expect it to
be easy to do, especially since each transaction's state must be checked and
updated in an atomic operation.
Akintayo