finance::quote finally working for me in Windows

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue May 1 22:21:31 EDT 2007

The majority of the answer seems to be: clean(er) build. I had 'perl /
c/soft/gnucash/inst/bin/gnc-fq-helper' working from a command line
prompt, but it f::q wouldn't work inside gnucash. I threw away the
build and inst directories and rebuilt gnucash (with a minor tweak to
install.sh) and it works.

The minor tweak results from the behavior that the response to:

PERL -MConfig -e 'print $Config{"archlibexp"}'
is C:\Perl\lib instead of /c/Perl/lib

That perl command is how configure sets PERLINCL for numerous
makefiles. If PERLINCL doesn't get set with a unix style path, the
build stops with

Making all in quotes
make[3]: Entering directory `/c/soft/gnucash/build/src/quotes'
rm -f gnc-fq-check.tmp
sed < ../../../repos/src/quotes/gnc-fq-check.in > gnc-fq-check.tmp \
             -e 's:@-PERL-@:/c/Perl/bin/perl:g' \
             -e 's:@-PERLINCL-@:C:\Perl\lib:g'
sed: -e expression #3, char 18: Unknown option to 's'

The tweak was to add --with-perl-includes=/c/Perl/lib to the gnucash
configure command in install.sh. Certainly not a good general
solution, but at least it demonstrated that most of my problem was a
crufty install folder.

How does the standard windows build get @-PERL-@ right, but not @-
PERLINCL-@?

Dave