r16044 - [...] we now generate files that 2.0 might not read exactly.

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sat May 5 13:22:59 EDT 2007

As discussed, I've changed the logic of these 3 callers.

With respect to SXes, we'll now write both Recurrence and FreqSpecs.
<1.1.0 will barf on encountering the Recurrences.  I'm thinking that
I'll remove the FreqSpec-writing pieces after 2.1.2 ... then there's at
least one release here where both are maintained, and the fallback to
use the file with 2.0.x is "edit the datafile and delete the Recurrence
structure".

I understand that 2.0 will read these files with a spurious "ROOT"
account, with everything shifted down a level

We'll need some large release note text for both 2.1.2 and 2.2.  Here's
a draft for discussion:

      !!! NOTICE !!!

  If you are using Scheduled Transactions, the data file saved by
  GnuCash >=2.1.2 is NOT backward-compatible with GnuCash 2.0.
  Please make a safe backup of your 2.0 data before upgrading to 2.1.2.

I'll move this into the announcement text later this week if there's no
revision.

I think we should encourage packagers to include a notice to this effect
in their updating systems, if available.