r16077 - gnucash/trunk/src - Add gnc_history_remove_file, call it if the history file cannot be loaded, #388500.

Ariel asgnucash at dsgml.com
Mon May 14 11:54:11 EDT 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 16:53 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> I dont like this patch.  Sometimes I start gnucash before
>> I remember to mount my encrypted partition.  GnuCash happily
>> warns me that the file isn't there and I can then quit, mount
>> the partition, and then re-start gnucash.   If gnucash
>> automatically removes the entry from the history this no
>> longer works.
>
> I have the same concern; I sometimes start gnucash before I remember to
> start up AFS.  Same problem.

The problem is that there is no obvious way to remove a file from the
history menu. There is gconf, but it's not expected that users will know
how to use it.

I think it's easier for you to reopen your file, then it is for a user to
figure out which gconf key to remove.

Perhaps a confirmation dialog? (Carefully stated so that the user doesn't
think the file itself is being removed.)

 	-Ariel