r16077 - gnucash/trunk/src - Add gnc_history_remove_file, call it if the history file cannot be loaded, #388500.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon May 14 12:26:43 EDT 2007

Ariel <asgnucash at dsgml.com> writes:

> The problem is that there is no obvious way to remove a file from the
> history menu. There is gconf, but it's not expected that users will know
> how to use it.

That's a completely different issue that automatically removing
an unfound file at startup.  I completely support a context menu
option to delete items from the history if there's really a call
for it, but I think automatically removing it is the wrong thing.

> I think it's easier for you to reopen your file, then it is for a user to
> figure out which gconf key to remove.

How often does a user need to remove an entry from their history?
How often does a user store their datafile on a mounted volume?
I think the latter is MUCH more common than the former, so we should
optimize for the mounted volume, not the removing and entry.

> Perhaps a confirmation dialog? (Carefully stated so that the user doesn't
> think the file itself is being removed.)

Uggh.   I admit that this was my first thought but..  Uggh.   Besides,
we already HAVE a confirming dialog..  It says something to the affect
of "Cannot open file".

I need to go read the original bug report to see what this was
TRYING to fix.