Gnucash v2.0.5 on Fink - Printing blank invoices

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Thu May 17 11:34:41 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 17, 2007 5:17 pm, warlord at MIT.EDU wrote:

> That's a different problem.   GktHTML doesn't properly export the
> 'align' tags.  This is a known bug in GtkHTML but there's no workaround.

I remember having this problem in the v1.8 series, this bug has been
around for a very long time - is GtkHTML still being maintained?

> You're thinking "CSS" Stylesheets, which is NOT what's going on.  The
> "Stylesheet" isn't CSS based, it's something internal to gnucash, and
> it just defines how the HTML gets formed.    GtkHTML doesn't support
> CSS.

Ok, that is making more sense.

Internal to gnucash, what is the representation that is used to render and
display (and print) the reports? Is this all GtkHTML or something else in
addition to it?

The question I am leading on to is whether there is a more recent HTML
library that supports modern HTML standards that might be used instead - I
am willing to get my hands dirty in the code, but I will need some
guidance on what the solution should be first.

Regards,
Graham