Strangeness of build on Ubuntu feisty

Nigel Titley nigel at titley.com
Sun May 20 18:25:14 EDT 2007

After an upgrade of my Ubuntu box from Edgy to Feisty a build of gnucash
fails, claiming that guile is either not installed or not at the correct
version. It was and it is (1.6.8). Further investigation revealed that
guile-config wasn't present even though guile1.6-dev was installed.

After a re-install of guile1.6-dev (using apt-get) the problem has been
fixed. I'd normally not bother to tell the list, but this seems
identical on both my recently upgraded boxes. A re-install has fixed
them both.

Possibly a coincidence, but if anyone else is having similar problems on
Feisty, try re-installing guile1.6-dev

Nigel