Importing OFX/QFX files to Investment accounts

FABD Francis at browndouglas.org
Wed Nov 21 15:44:44 EST 2007

   Hi to all, Keep up the good work :-)
   I am most probably doing something wrong, but whenever I try an Import
   of an .ofx or .qfx file into GnuCash 2.2.1 it crashes almost
   immediately, i.e. I see the first security, hit 'New' and either then
   or when I hit OK it crashes and gives me the attached error message. I
   am using Windows XP SP2 and are able to get many other features of
   GnuCash to work, many accounts in both Expense and Liability, but
   Asset:Investment accounts beats me.
   Error message.

     gnucash-bin.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
     We are sorry for the inconvenience.
     Error signature
     AppName: gnucash-bin.exe     AppVer: 0.0.0.0     ModName: msvcrt.dll
     ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180     Offset: 000378c0

   Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Maybe there is
   documentation on Investments that I haven't got or seen??
--
Regards Francis

Francis Brown Douglas
Maryland, USA