optimizing reports

Andrew Sackville-West ajswest at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 7 11:56:03 EDT 2007

On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 09:48:00AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:

> My personal opinion:  I'd add in e-guile if I could find a
> free weekend to actually hack on GnuCash.  I think it's a short
> term fix for the templating issue, not a long-term solution.

ITs more complicated than I can handle at *this* point. Though I think
I understand the gist of it, the implementation is beyond me -- I lack
the knowledge of the existing codebase and some understanding of who
it all flows. Its been percolating in my brain for a couple years now
(and in fact I've got a tarball of e-guile sitting here), but I'venot
looked at gnucash code *at all* since then.

So, based on that, I'm going to forge ahead with the current project
(fixing up the income statement so that it runs faster). That'll do
two things 1)make my accoutning go much faster and 2) get me familiar
with the code again so that maybe in the future I can help with the
below.