Fwd: FYI GnuCash Corba Errors on Vista also related to OrBit

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Oct 9 13:18:22 EDT 2007

I guess this was intended for gnucash-devel...

Subject: FYI GnuCash Corba Errors on Vista also related to OrBit
Date: Dienstag, 9. Oktober 2007 00:44
From: "Andy Den Tandt" <andy.dentandt at adtsoft.eu>
To: stimming at tuhh.de

Hi,

I just upgraded GnuCash and ran into similar problems as described here
http://www.mail-archive.com/gnucash-devel@gnucash.org/msg16265.html

I just wanted to let you know that I experienced a similar problem on Vista
after upgrading from 2.2.0 to the 2.2.1.

I used the workaround described in
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#GConf.2FORBit_COMM_FAILURE, i.e.
downgrading Orbit.
It's only later I also saw
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#Windows_Vista_Problems

In my case, both sections describe my problem. I would suggest to link the
Vista section to the other section as well so people can try ORBit-2.13.3

I'm just a gnucash user and not following developers-list or so. You seem to
be involved in the project (thanks for the nice app!), but I wanted to
provide this info anyway. If you can't use this directly, let me know where
I should post this.

PS. If you think you found the solution, I'm always willing to test.

Andy