Warning - new GnuCash Version in Ubuntu

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 14:34:18 EDT 2007

On 10/12/07, Richard Mancusi <vrman49 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Todays updates for Ubuntu 7.04 has a new version on GnuCash
> if the user has the Backports repository enabled.  This will take
> the user from 2.0.5 r15617 to 2.2.1 r16462.

This is actually related to the GREAT news, which is that Ubuntu 7.10
"Gutsy Gibbon" will ship with the latest stable release of GnuCash!
The upcoming Ubuntu release is fully sync'ed with the latest source
and docs available in Debian.

I requested the GnuCash Feisty Backport. It wasn't urgent for me, but
I was learning how to get it synced with the UVFe (exception getting
GnuCash into Ubuntu Gutsy after the freeze date). I am glad to have
learned enough about the Backports and UVF process to understand how
these things happen.

If any of the other Ubuntu or Debian folks who did the HARD work are
on this list, thanks to you!

Next hurdle: get GnuCash into the MAIN Ubuntu repository before the
NEXT (8.04) release! (Applications in "main" would appear to new users
as available to be installed without having to change your software
sources.)