new html-acct-table patch [was Re: html-acct-table patch]

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Wed Oct 31 13:34:57 EDT 2007

--On October 30, 2007 2:34:14 PM -0700 Andrew Sackville-West
<ajswest at mindspring.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 10:20:46PM +0100, Christian Stimming wrote:
>> Am Montag, 29. Oktober 2007 22:44 schrieb Andrew Sackville-West:

>> > attached is a somewhat cleaned up version of this patch. There are
>> > still a bunch of stupid whitespace changes (bleh), but most of the
>> > commentary is cleaned up. Mostly just deleted frankly. There are a
>> > couple of items I left in as important to understand what's going
>> > on and to highlight areas that need work. if this is still not
>> > acceptable, just say so and I'll get back to it again.
>>
>> This is perfectly fine! Thanks a lot. I've checked some reports here
>> that turn  out identical to before (notably balance-sheet,
>> account-summary and  income-statement), so hopefully all of the
>> reports are at least as correct as  before. Thank you very much.
>
> I think that's reasonable. And thanks for following up on this. It
> makes me happy to contribute something really useful...

I had started down the same path some time ago but never finished it.
Here is a patch that combines what I did with these changes.  The main
difference is to use a hash table instead of a list to save the account
balances.  This cuts another 11% or so off the time for my balance
sheet report.

I also fixed a comment to balance the parens for editors that like
balanced parens but don't understand scheme syntax.

Mike Alexander           mta at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI            PGP key ID: BEA343A6