Dogtail UI Harness Status

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Sep 3 16:36:23 EDT 2007

ahmad sayed <ahmadsayed83 at yahoo.com> writes:
> In this phase of SOC the following updates done to the Dogtail UI Harness project, the status as usual is mix of bad and  good news.

Ahmad...

Congrats on a modestly successful Summer of Code project.  I'm sure that
there's good and bad parts, but that's always the case. :) However, it looks
like we have both a framework for running dogtail-based tests, and a whole
suite of code for interacting with GnuCash and exercising parts of the
user interface.  :)

If I wanted to add a test for the Scheduled Transaction subsystem ... let's
say consisting of:

1/ creating a new Scheduled Transaction with given parameters.
2/ running the Since Last Run dialog.
3/ inspecting a value in the tree view/model.
4/ manipulating the tree view; closing the dialog.
5/ re-opening the Since Last Run dialog.
6/ inspecting a value in the tree view/model.

... how would I go about it?  What would I want to add or extend, and in what
files.  How to invoke just that test to try it out?

I guess I'm looking for a bit of high-level documentation.  I'm sure I can
figure it out if I spend enough time with the code, but something short that
points me in the right direction would be great.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}