gnucash help/tutorial/build

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Thu Sep 13 09:09:51 EDT 2007

Anti Kutoja <antikutoja at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> I am really sorry to bother you with this, you must
> enough on your plates as it is, but I am at my wit's
> end and have not been able to find answers anywhere.

Did you search the mailing list?  Or basically look at the wiki?

> I downloaded and installed the docs but still no joy.

Did you install the gnucash-docs package?

When you contact your distro for support, what do they say?

> I then downloaded gnucash 2.2 and tried to build and
> install it myself.
>
> The ./configure fails saying it cannot find
> libgoffice-0.4, 0.3 and -1.
>
> I have libgoffice-1.so.2.0.1 in /opt/gnome/lib which
> is the same place as the libglade that configure does
> find.

You probably need to install -devel packages, such as goffice-devel; for all
the dependencies.  (Generally, configure looks for pkg-config control files
(.pc files), not the shared library itself.)

But, you should just install Rauch Christan's RPMs.
See <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/SuSE>.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}