gnucash help/tutorial/build

Anti Kutoja antikutoja at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 04:37:34 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am really sorry to bother you with this, you must
enough on your plates as it is, but I am at my wit's
end and have not been able to find answers anywhere.

I am using the suse 10.2 distro and installed gnucash.
Never having used it before, I selected the tutorial
and nothing happened. Same with the help facility.

I downloaded and installed the docs but still no joy.

I then downloaded gnucash 2.2 and tried to build and
install it myself.

The ./configure fails saying it cannot find
libgoffice-0.4, 0.3 and -1.

I have libgoffice-1.so.2.0.1 in /opt/gnome/lib which
is the same place as the libglade that configure does
find.

I downloaded and re-installed goffice but still only
got libgoffice-1.so.2.0.1.

Any clue as to what is happening/what to do next will
be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and kind regards - Andy Weaver