Fwd: Enable non-capitalized wiki pages? (was: [gnucash-de] Neue gnucash.org Wiki-Seiten)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Sep 22 03:41:40 EDT 2007

Derek, Josh,

as you've probably noticed some people from gnucash-de have started German
pages in the wiki. Similar to the static web page, we've tried to put the
wiki pages all under the main "directory" de/; however, the MediaWiki
software didn't like a lower-case "de" and instead made a "De/" out of this.

Turns out that LocalSettings.php of MediaWiki should have an option

  $wgCapitalLinks=false;

that should enable lower-case page names. According to

  http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:%24wgCapitalLinks

this option has been around for quite some time already.

If you have some time, could you try whether this option could be switched on
(i.e. set to "false") so that we can have the German pages in the wiki
under "de/"? Unfortunately I don't know the implications of changing this
setting on existing pages such as "svn" and the links to those, but I think
this can be checked quite quickly.

Regards,

Christian