gda-dev2 r17071

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 21:57:54 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 6:44 PM, David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Apr 8, 2008, at 1:33 PM, Charles Day wrote:
>
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Dave Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Charles Day wrote:
> >
> > > On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 8:45 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu <mailto:
> > > warlord at mit.edu>> wrote:
> > >
> > >    Hi,
> > >
> > >    David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net
> > >    <mailto:dbreiser at earthlink.net>> writes:
> > >
> > >     > After disabling the glib 2.16.2 problem and updating gda-dev2 to
> > >     > r17071, gnucash fails to launch:
> > >     >
> > >     > ERROR: Undefined variable: gnc-utf8?
> > >     >
> > >     > in the terminal window.
> > >     >
> > >     > Mac OS X 10.5.2, gcc 4.0.1, glib 2.16.1
> > >
> > >    I know that this is a new API that Charles Day added recently.
> > >    Maybe the merge from trunk wasn't complete?
> > >

> > > That new Scheme predicate, gnc-utf8?, was added in r17063 to fix a QIF
> > > importer bug. See http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/17063
> > >
> > > Perhaps you have an out-of-date copy of core-utils.scm in your build
> > > and install directories?
> > >
> > > -Charles
> > >
> > Hmm. Trac seems to indicate that core-utils.scm was updated in the
> > latest merge. I'll have to check when I get home. svn tells me I'm
> > up-to-date, but the previous update I did on that branch seemed a bit
> > strange. Maybe it's time for a fresh checkout.
> >
> > Would swig-runtime.h somehow affect the behavior I'm seeing -- i.e., do
> > I have to do a make maintainerclean to have all the right things in place?
> >

> I have never used 'make maintainerclean' so I wouldn't know... What I did
> was manually replace the .scm files in my build directories with the updated
> copies from SVN, then 'make' and 'make install'. The error you are seeing
> (ERROR: Undefined variable: gnc-utf8?) would seem to indicate that you are
> running with an out-of-date core-utils.scm.  Your source branch may have
> been updated, but maybe the installed copy of core-utils.scm that you are
> actually running on is out of date.
>

> I just looked at the branch, and it looks like the updated version. It
> isn't something that would give guile 1.6.7 a problem is it?

Oh, I believe you've got the right version in SVN. I'm just wondering about
which version of core-utils.scm you are actually testing with, i.e. what
version was actually installed by your last 'make install'. With my setup,
if I update a .scm file in SVN, doing 'make' and 'make install' alone won't
update the installed copy.

-Charles