gda-dev2 r17071

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 12:22:36 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> "Charles Day" <cedayiv at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Oh, I believe you've got the right version in SVN. I'm just wondering
> about
> > which version of core-utils.scm you are actually testing with, i.e. what
> > version was actually installed by your last 'make install'. With my
> setup, if
> > I update a .scm file in SVN, doing 'make' and 'make install' alone won't
> > update the installed copy.
>
> If this is true then it's a bug.   "make install" should most certainly
> update the installed copy of a .scm file.

What seems to happen in my environment (Windows XP) is that initially all
the .scm files get copied from the source repository (/c/soft/gnucash/repos)
to the build tree (/c/soft/gnucash/build). Then 'make install' (actually
make_install.sh on XP) copies them from the build tree to the install tree
(/c/soft/gnucash/inst). However, if I update a .scm file in the repository,
doing 'make' will not cause the updated version to get copied to the build
tree, so 'make install' still installs the old version.

Of course, if I blow away the build tree and start over, everything operates
as expected but that takes too long. So I usually just manually install my
updated .scm files and restart GnuCash.

-Charles

-derek